Monday, February 13, 2017

Weekly Reflection for 2/6/17-2/10/17

How did you do on the work?
I think I did well on the work this week, having to both describe and create a visual model of  transcription and translation made me really understand the concepts, and more of the smaller details involved in the processes. The vodcasts required me to look up a lot of the concepts and vocab to make sense of each of the WSQ question. After researching the topics I understood most of the concept, but will still need to do some more studying.

What do you think you understood well?
I think I now understand transcription and translation a lot better than I did last week. From vodcast 4.3 I think I am most solid on understanding how bacteria is genetically engineered.

How do you think you can improve?
I can definitely improve by studying more of the concepts from the first WSQ question set. While I need to study the whole vodcast, the first set of WSQ was the one I had the most trouble with.

What strategies will you use to improve? 
In order to improve my understanding of this weeks vodcast I will watch it again and improve on my notes, and make flash cards of the new terms. I also have been supplementing the vodcasts with additional YouTube videos that show example of the concepts, which I plan to continue to do.

How does the work we are doing fit into the context/narrative of the course?
Genetics is a huge part of biology and genetic engineering is one of the most modern examples of how biology is playing a role in the modern world. The subjects discussed in this vodcasts are making medical break throughs and could change the way we combat diseases, and may even be able to cure some.

No comments:

Post a Comment