Sunday, February 5, 2017

Weekly Reflection for Week of 2/5/17

How did you do on the work?
During this week we did vocasts 4.1 and 4.2, two packets, and the Jeff  group project. I think I did well on the work this week since its the beginning of the unit and most of it was review of the basics. Both packets were fairly easy and while a couple of the vodcast questions required me to re-watch parts of the vodcasts, I think I mostly understood the content of the vodcasts.

What do you think you understand well?
I think I understand replication fairly well, but need to under stand all of the steps and pieces in translation and transcription better. The first packet we did in the week on DNA structure and replication was definitely for me the easiest packet we have done all year, since it was mostly all stuff I already knew from sophomore year.

Where do you think you can improve? 
I need to improve on my notes and reviewing the packets more in order to better understand translation and transcription.

What strategies will you use to improve?

In order to improve on this area I plan on taking more focused notes on both the vodcast and the textbook. These two things combine will hopefully give me a better grasp on translation and transcription.

How does the work we are doing fit into the context narrative of the course?
Genetics pulls in concepts from out previous units of energy and cell organelles to understand one of the most important pieces in biology. Genetics is was makes us who we are and tells us a lot about how not only our bodies work, but also how other organisms work.

No comments:

Post a Comment