Sunday, April 9, 2017

Reflection for March 24

How did you do on the work this week? 

I did okay on the work this week, I understood how to do chi-squared a lot better in this packet than in the last one, it is a lot more simple than I thought. I thought the packet with the pedigrees was pretty easy

What do you think you understood well?

I think I understand the pedigrees well, and basically everything in the packet we did. The punnet squared are really easy. I also understood the finding probabilities well, multiplying the probabilities of small punnet squares together, is much easier than making a giant one, especially when dealing with more than one gene.

Where do you think you can improve? 

I think I can improve on understanding chromosomes more and how gene crossing over works. I understand the general ideas of it but not the specifics.

How does the work we are doing fit into the overall narrative/ context of the course?

This week we did  a lot with genetics, which is obviously a big part of biology, and is a lot of our modern research.


No comments:

Post a Comment